PROFESSIONAL EXFOLIATION: Chemical Peels, Medical Peels, Microdermabrasion, Dermaplaning, & Cosmeceutical Products.
- Skin, like all other organs, undergoes chronological aging. These internal shifts show up in the skin & are visually identified by fine & coarse wrinkling, roughness, laxity, dryness, sallowness, hyperpigmentation, moddling, & rough scaly patches.
- As we age our cellular renewal process slows & dry skin is attributed to faulty desquamation, decreased water-retention ability, & increased thickness of the top layers of skin due to the decrease of normal skin cell exfoliation.
- Lifestyle & environmental factors are the primary sources of damage to our skin, compounded through aging; making professional exfoliation such as chemical peels, medical peels, microdermabrasion, & dermaplaning an important elemental point of difference in both clinical & home care skin treatment programs.
Following are four Professional Exfoliation treatments: Medical Peel, Chemical Peel, Microdermabrasion, Dermaplaning, & Cosmeceutical Products. For optimal results a series of treatments are recommended. *(Package pricing is available)
- Medical Peel, Chemical Peel: Both chemical peels and medical peels use various acids and extracts to provide deep dermal exfoliation, helping to diminish the visibility of mild acne, fine lines, wrinkles & pigmentation caused by UV damage & the aging process. They are both safe & effective & can be combined with other skin rejuvenating services. ♥ 45min – 125.00
- Microdermabrasion: Renew skin’s radiance with a Microdermabrasion Peel. It improves & reduces fine lines, & brown spots. Good for oily skin, enlarged pores, blackheads, & acne scarring. ♥ 45min – 75.00
- Dermaplaning: Is a specialized exfoliation treatment that gently removes the top layer of dull dead surface cells revealing a smoother & brighter complexion. Dermaplaning also improves penetration of skincare products, prepares a flawless canvas for optimal application of makeup, & removal of facial fuzz, a bonus of dermaplaning. ♥ 45min – 125.00
- Cosmeceutical Products: To keep a youthful look, a recommended year round daily skin care regime of a Retinol Night Cream, an AHA Day Cream and a Broad-Spectrum SPF-30 Sun Protectant, as early as your mid 30’s. (“Serene” sold in store).
In Calgary, seasonal changes greatly affect the condition of normal skin and may set off various skin disorders due to a decline in the “barrier repair” function. “Winter Skin” is a very common disorder of extremely dry flaky skin which is the polar opposite to the invisible shedding of superficial skin cells that occurs in normal skin conditions.