FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is microblading?
- Microblading is a semi-permanent cosmetic tattooing treatment that fills in sparse or non-existent eyebrows.
- Manually implanting color pigment beneath the surface of the skin to to enhance your natural brows with what appears to be natural looking brow hairs. It is subtle and natural looking.
- It is also referred to as Eyebrow Embroidery and 3D Brows. You will no longer have to worry about sweating or melting or disappearing eye brows.
Does it hurt?
- Levels of sensitivity do differ from person to person.
- A topical anesthetic is applied before the microblading procedure to help with any discomfort.
- Clients are usually happy to discover that it’s not any more painful than having your eyebrows tweezed or threaded.
- If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, this could affect sensitivity tolerance to your procedure.
- Also, frequent smokers, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will probably not last as long.
How long is the healing process?
- It’s normal to experience minor swelling and tenderness following the procedure, and the pigment will appear darker for the about the first 1 – 2 weeks until it has healed and then it will appear softer in colour.
- During week 3 & 4 when the skin completes healing, you will see the pigment darken a bit.
- At your touch-Up visit (approximately 4 – 6 weeks after your first session) we can evaluate how your skin has received the pigment and make any changes necessary in order to achieve that richness of color and shape.
Can I get microblading if I am pregnant, nursing or diabetic?
- As a precaution, its best not to perform microblading on pregnant, nursing or diabetic women.
Should I shave off my existing eyebrows first?
- Absolutely not! Also do not tweeze, thread, wax or modify your eyebrows in any way for as long as possible, and no sooner than two weeks.
- The beginning of your microblading service includes a brief consultation, followed by shaping and finally a discussion about color.
- Your regular brow maintenance of tweezing, threading, waxing and/or tinting may continue once the brows have healed.
How many treatments are needed & how long does microblading last?
- Because everyone heals differently, a minimum of two microblading appointments are needed at about 4-6 weeks apart.
- Typically it lasts a few years. During the second treatment, we can assess color retention and make any necessary adjustments.
- There is no guarantee to how long it lasts as everyones skin responds differently and therefore it is recommend to get your 3D Brows touched up annually to keep them looking their best.
What other factors will affect microblading?
- Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo. Sunscreen should be used (once healed).Exfoliants and peels will effect how long you keep your 3-D brows. The choice of pigment color: Some colors may fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde pigment may fade quicker than a dark brunette pigment.
How should I prepare for my eyebrow procedure?
- Bring a couple reference photos with you to your appointment for your ideal brow shape, colour, etc.
- Wear your make-up as you normally would so we can see the shape you normally wear your eyebrows in.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please refrain from doing so within a week of your appointment.
- Avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to your appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- Do NOT drink any alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to your appointment.
What should I do after the procedure?
DO NOT rub or pick the healing area as the color will peel off prematurely, and avoid extreme heat, sweating, and contaminated bodies of water (such as saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms, pools, lakes, and places with hot humidity, etc.). Following the advice of your aesthetician will help you keep your 3D Brows – Microblading to look their best!
Microblading is Natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. A two step process for your most beautiful brows. Results can last anywhere from 1-5 years dependent on life routine.
♥ 3D Brows First Treatment 2 hrs – 375.00
♥ 6 Month Touch-up 1.5 hrs – 120.00
♥ One Year Touch~up 1.5 hrs – 240.00
♥ Colour/Shape Correction 2hrs – 250.00
Located in the Platinum Hair & Nails Salon.