- Skin, like all other organs, undergoes chronological aging. These internal shifts show up in the skin & are visually identified by fine & coarse wrinkling, roughness, laxity, dryness, sallowness, hyperpigmentation, moddling, & rough scaly patches.
- As we age our cellular renewal process slows & dry skin is attributed to faulty desquamation, decreased water-retention ability, & increased thickness of the top layers of skin due to the decrease of normal skin cell exfoliation.
- Lifestyle & environmental factors are the primary sources of damage to our skin, compounded through aging; making professional exfoliation such as chemical peels, medical peels, microdermabrasion, & dermaplaning an important elemental point of difference in both clinical & home care skin treatment programs.
Following are four Professional Exfoliation treatments: Medical Peel, Chemical Peel, Microdermabrasion, Dermaplaning, & Cosmeceutical Products. For optimal results a series of treatments are recommended. *(Package pricing is available)
- Chemical Peel: Both chemical peels and medical peels use various acids and extracts to provide deep dermal exfoliation, helping to diminish the visibility of mild acne, fine lines, wrinkles & pigmentation caused by UV damage & the aging process. They are both safe & effective & can be combined with other skin rejuvenating services. ♥ $75 – $95
- Microdermabrasion: Renew skin’s radiance with a Microdermabrasion Peel. It improves & reduces fine lines, & brown spots. Good for oily skin, enlarged pores, blackheads, & acne scarring. ♥ $95.00
- Dermaplaning: Is a specialized exfoliation treatment that gently removes the top layer of dull dead surface cells revealing a smoother & brighter complexion. Dermaplaning also improves penetration of skincare Products, prepares a flawless canvas for optimal application of makeup, & removal of facial fuzz, a bonus of dermaplaning. ♥ $95.00
- Cosmeceutical Products: To keep a youthful look, a recommended year round daily skin care regime of a Retinol Night Cream, an AHA Day Cream and a Broad-Spectrum SPF-30 Sun Protectant, as early as your mid 30’s.
In Calgary, seasonal changes greatly affect the condition of normal skin and may set off various skin disorders due to a decline in the “barrier repair” function. “Winter Skin” is a very common disorder of extremely dry flaky skin which is the polar opposite to the invisible shedding of superficial skin cells that occurs in normal skin conditions.